A community hub
The Inverness Early Years Co-op has formed a partnership with the Inverness Cottage Workshop and will share a renovated heritage building in the heart of Inverness to be known as the Inverness Community Leadership Centre.
- Sharing a renovated state of the art renewable energy efficient heritage building
- Providing a responsive one-stop shop for families with young children and adults with intellectual disabilities
- Fostering authentic leadership that is creative, compassionate and responsible
- A hub for business innovation and social entrepreneurship
- A place that inspires individuals to pursue their dreams while making a positive contribution to their community.
Today the community of Inverness is in a major renewal phase based on the following evidence:
- Population stabilizing due to the increasing number of retirees, both locally and those returning home
- The opening of the world class Cabot Links Golf Course in 2011, increased employment with new businesses and construction.
- Many employment openings due to baby boomers retirements.
- Housing identified as a priority to attract and retain population with quality affordable options
- Inverness is a regional service centre with a new seniors’ residence connected to the expanded hospital, community p-12 school, arena, race track, arts centre, beaches, trails, active transportation network.